Thursday, March 12, 2009

To Live in the 1920's


I found this great video featuring life during the Roaring Twenties. This is an era that completely fascinates me and I love to look at my old photographs and ephemera from those days. There were so many amazing things that blossomed from that era such as jazz music, flappers, Art Deco, Expressionism, the changing role of women and the evolution of all color feature movies. (And let's not forget about the rise of Al Capone.) I especially love the aesthetic and fashion of that time.

2 comments:

SnapandPrint said...

When I was 24 I so wnated to live in that era! Probably due to my discovery of Turner Classic Movies and the old movies they played. I love the clothing and make-up...and hair. So cool.

Homebody said...

I love that era, too! So much promise, adventure, exploration... before the Crash, anyway. And, of course, the clothes and make-up were beautiful!