Thursday, March 12, 2009

Shameless self-promo


Please tune in to Winnipeg's 101.5 FM to listen to Free Range Friday hosted by Michael Elves this Friday, March 13. I'll have 5 seconds of fame starting at 6:30 pm CST. The Perms and Vitaminsforyou will also be featured.

Michael asked if I would be willing to talk about the 'Create It Forward' meme that I posted on Facebook. The meme was actually taken from my friend, Akemi's FB profile and goes like this:

Create It Forward

The first five (5) people to respond to this post will get something made by me.

This offer does have some restrictions and limitations so please read carefully:

- I make no guarantees that you will like what I make.

- What I create will be just for you.

- It'll be done this year (2009).

- You have no clue what it's going to be. It will be something made in the real world and not something cyber. It could be a mixed CD or a poem. I might write you a letter with some special goodies inside. I might bake you something or send you some photographs I've taken. Who knows? Not you, that's for sure!

In return, all you need to do is post this text into a note of your own and make 5 things for 5 others.

[Please note: I reserve the right to do something extremely strange]

I thought it would be fun to join and a way to stay creative! Also, knowing how talented Akemi is, I thought it would be nice to get something made by her - no matter what it is!

I might post the things I've created as I complete them. I have a few ideas in mind such as little books with ephemera, letters or maybe even something strange like a meal of some sort.

[For my non-Winnipeg friends, you can listen to the show (and other great programs!) through a live stream.]

No comments: