Sunday, March 22, 2009

Alchemists-in-training


I have another test tomorrow but all I want to do is go outside and 'play'. It's beautiful out - bright and sunny and fresh.

J has gone to a basketball game while H is outside on the deck with a friend making little potions out of various lotions, oils and such. They're also blowing bubbles and as always, giggling and having fun.

I remember when I used to do the same as a child - my version of bathroom alchemy. I was always trying to mix up some new cream or elixir and then, forcing my parents to test it out on their hands or wrists. If I remember correctly, there were a few incidents that caused a slight rash on my own skin as a result of these fine potions. Yet despite this, I was convinced that some of those very mixtures were somehow a miracle cure (though, for what...I had no idea!).

I've got a little craft for the girls to do after they get bored of mixing - little lavender filled sachets which they can make out of some fabric I have. We could also do some baking since there are several frozen bananas waiting to be put to good use!

Whatever you're cooking up today, hope it's fun!

[Now, it's back to studying. Bleh.]

1 comment:

kyozoku said...

Since nobody else has mentioned this, can I just say that this is one of the craziest pictures of all time?

Thanks.