Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Thinking man's show."


I once dated a man who said CSI was a "thinking man's show". Of course, we're no longer together and I mean no disrespect to him (he's a sweetheart) but I really find CSI quite silly. I've never seen an episode in its entirety but from the little snippets I've seen, I have that impression. Still, some people seem to love it.

It makes me chuckle when I think about all the dusting and 'forensics' that take place, and the pensive looks that the overly attractive detectives have on their faces.

1 comment:

Homebody said...

I agree with you about the silliness of police procedurals. When our house was broken into a few years ago, I expected all of that "pensive"ness. But, while they left behind a lot of black, sticky, powdery mess, they also asked us all about our kitchen! My husband crafted all the cabinets, counters and island himself and three of the officers were very interested in the whole process. They were as casual and chatty as though we were at a cocktail party! At 3:30 a.m., it was surreal.