Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My assessment


This was me at the end of yesterday. It was a challenging day. Thinking on your feet, maintaining appropriate eye contact, being genuine (but not transparent), not inferring, paraphrasing (but not using feelings), allowing the person you're speaking with to open up being mindful of the framework that was being used and following the steps...these were not easy tasks to balance during our practice sessions yesterday. My husband likened it to acting. (I felt it was more like stand-up comedy but without a funny comedian). It was a bit painful being out of my element and also, a bit discouraging. Of course, as with anything you challenge yourself with, there will be times that are uncomfortable.

So, that was me at the end of the day. Time to go. Today will be better. I'm hopeful. See you soon. xo

No comments: