Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Zurich

L told me about this really huge flea market that takes place in Zurich every Saturday and thought we should check it out. I may have actually began to salivate. Anyone that knows me can attest to how much I love scouring through vintage shops and junk stores for little treasures. I couldn't wait to go and with a sparkle in my eye, I began to daydream about the kind of ephemera that was waiting to be discovered. On the other side of the room, there was a different kind of sparkle shining in one's eyes... This one had Stanley Kubrick at the centre of it all. Apparently, at Sihlcity Zurich, a Kubrick exhibition was on discplay featuring props and paraphernalia from each of his films. Each film was contained in its own room and from the sounds of it, was an absolute must-see for any Kubrick fan. Luckily, D and J happened to fit the bill!

Zurich was fantastic and I'm not just saying that because I came home with a million little vintage postcards and a beautiful photo album filled with amazing shots. The city was alive with activity and as beautiful as Bern and Luzern. It was hot and sunny - a perfect day to be out and about. The boys loved the exhibit and even the little person had tons of fun exploring the city. In fact, if you scroll down below, you'll see that she even made a new friend along the way... (Yikes!)












No comments: