Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I think I'm in love...

This morning, J and I went to meet the graphic designer that is doing work for the feature film he has in production. Wow... I think I'm in love! Not just with the designer himself (though, J & I both agree that he was cute, extremely talented and also very cool) but also with his amazing designs! It was sooo inspiring to be in his studio and hear him talk about the project and how his concepts came to fruition. Many of the elements he used can be easily applied to the kind of book and cardmaking that I absolutely love to do. He even used a letterpress for some of the printing and some tactile features (such as raised paint used to simulate blood). It was all verrrry exciting! I can't wait for J to hand them out during the TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival)... Apart from being a really brilliant film, the propoganda associated with it is certainly going to leave quite an impression! Love it all!

We're going back there today at 2pm to meet with the designer again to look at and sign off on the final copies. I can't wait to see what other creative pieces he's included!

Right now, I'm on Yonge Street in downtown Toronto in a cafe waiting for J to meet me after seeing his agent. It's buzzing with activity down here - the lunch crowd is in full effect and those enjoying the hot, sunny day. Earlier, I was on Queen Street and thought about how happy I was to live in this city. While I do miss Europe (and would move there in a heartbeat!), I love all of the little pockets and different neighbourhoods in Toronto. There are so many great things to discover in each... Great little restaurants off the beaten track, favorite shops to buy paper, supplies or wonderful little treasures, cafes offering delicious soy green tea lattes and of course, the best places to people watch for all of the different characters that Toronto attracts. My two favorite places to be are on Queen Street and Kensington Market. At any given time, I am able to find the most interesting and creative cards, vintage clothing, old books and funky handbags. They also boast amazing restaurants (like King's in Kensington Market where they sell the most delicious vegan meals including soy bites & soy drumsticks!).

Yes, Toronto is a great place to live. Won't you be my neighbour?

No comments: