Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Luzern

I was a little nervous about going to Switzerland. It wasn't because I felt unsafe or anxious about the flight there or anything of that sort. No, it was simply because I would be in the presence of (and staying with) someone that J seemed to revere as something of a deity. D was a PhD student studying film, incredibly intelligent and intimidated me to death. I'm not really sure why since J claimed that he and D were practically the same person. Still, I was afraid of getting cornered into giving my opinions about film noir or Kubrick or something that I knew very little about. I guess, I was feeling a tad bit insecure about being around him and his wife (also, another intellectual).

I'm embarrassed to even admit this now as D and L (his wife) are among the kindest and sweetest individuals I've ever met.

D and L were the perfect hosts... They made us feel comfortable in their homes so much that we wished we didn't have to leave. They made us delicious meals (D is somewhat of a gourmet!), took us to the most beautiful places in Switzerland and were so much fun to be around! They made our experience in Switzerland absolutely memorable, as did Kiki and Bubble. I can't thank them enough...


Awww...
Hellgrotten
"Dapper man walking with child" crossing sign.
Moo.





Look! A real live gnome!




Gosh, this one makes me feel dirty...
... Thank goodness, I've found this McClean where I can enter for only 2 Swiss francs!

No comments: