Friday, August 10, 2007

Jet-lag, laundry, packing and reconnecting with my Mac...

This just about sums up how my day was spent yesterday. Of course, this was after getting up at 530 am with the little person, unable to fall back asleep. Ah well. There was so much to do! Sort through mail, do loads of laundry, spend some quality time with my little Mac, select handmade papers to bring back for one of my dearest friends... And now, just 3 hours to go before we get on another plane to Winnipeg to attend a wedding and visit with family/friends! (Love flying!)

My husband (gosh, imagine that? A husband!) is in the wedding party tomorrow. I'm anxious to see how the tuxedo fits! We took measurements while we were in Luzern with one of those stiff measuring tapes! A recipe for disaster! He won't have a chance to get it fitted prior to the wedding so however it fits, will do. Will give a full report (with pictures, if necessary!) and the final outcome. Could be interesting... ;)

On Sunday, my parents are holding a little celebratory wedding brunch for us at a beautiful restaurant. It's such a thoughtful gesture and we're very grateful. It will be nice to get together with family and a few very close friends to celebrate. Afterwards, whoever can make it, will come back to my parents' home for coffee and cake while we share photos from the trip and the short wedding video. I'm really looking forward to it. Whenever my family gets together with all the cousins, it's a complete gong show (but in a great way!). We all love to laugh too loud and make silly jokes and get completely out of hand, just like when we were kids (and J is just as wacky as the rest of us!).

Uh-oh... time to do some final packing! Until next time, I'd like to leave you with a parting shot of my two favorite people in the whole wide world in the words of a certain modern day philosopher titled, "I Believe I Can Fly"...

1 comment:

Polly said...

OMG that's the sweetest pic! Can't wait to hear more more more!

Hope the Peg was fun, and you're enjoying Cali!