Monday, April 2, 2007

Happy Birthday, Polly!


I'm not obsessed with her but I do really think Polly is a wonderful gal... On Saturday, we had a little birthday party for her at our humble abode. As per usual, J whipped up an amazing meal (peanut butter pasta and a spinach salad with sesame dressing), complimented by merlot and the grand finale of gooey chocolate brownies.

Throughout the night, there were lively conversations between the two writers-slash-cinephiles-slash-screenwriters-slash-directors. I loved listening to them banter and to hear about their strategies for writing each day.


Coincidentally, Polly is the individual who first suggested The Artist's Way to me last April in Ottawa. She revealed that it was through following The Artist's Way that she eventually became a writer.

Polly and I were roommates during a work-related trip that April... We knew each other but hadn't spent any time together, really. The trip changed all that. We shared some great meals and even better conversations. We were both planning to leave the University and start something new - these were life-changing times for the two of us.

I'm so glad that the trip brought us together. And here we are, almost exactly a year later, celebrating her birthday together in Toronto! I hope you had a great day, Polly, and thanks again for recommending The Artist's Way to me!

1 comment:

Polly said...

Wow! An entry about me! I'm honoured!

Thanks for the fun night. I hope you found a safe way to dispose of the rest of those brownies!

It's great that our plans have started to come to fruition... More to come for both of us!