Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Belated Easter!

(... or how ever you chose to celebrate the long weekend!)

I had such a special weekend but I can't really talk right now. Here are a few of the highlights:

- a date with my sweetheart which included a creperie on Queen Street (say that five times quickly) and a movie filmed in our hometown, Winnipeg, called The Lookout (which was great, by the way!)
- seeing how happy our little person was in the presence of our amazing babysitter (she really is a super-star and crafting extraordinaire!)
- a wonderful visit from an old friend (we met during a second year Criminology class - many moons ago... Maybe, too many?)
- hearing the words, "This is the most fun I've ever had!" from my little person's play date (always a Mother's dream, isn't it?)
- experiencing Easter through a little person's eyes (I think my favorite quip of that morning was how the Easter Bunny was heard during the night and how he threw up the eggs which landed in their hiding spots!)
- Kensington Market (and the pride of showing it to a non-Torontonian)
- King's Restaurant (think: sweet and sour soy bites, California rolls, spring rolls and drumsticks... I'm hungry just thinking about it!)
- tickets to Europe booked (!)
- being grateful that my home and personal life is so rich with wonderful experiences and that I get to spend those days with my amazing family (how did I get so lucky?)

There is one other highlight that requires a bit more detail... It's about a little shop that I visited in Chinatown...

I don't actually know the name of this little goldmine (or perhaps, I'm being selfish and hoping none of you will go there! Baahaa) but it's a gem! I wish I had taken pictures during my spree so that you might be able to appreciate the plethora of little treasures to behold! Beautiful Japanese style dishware, all kinds of trinkets and ornaments, elaborate mobiles hanging from the ceiling, costume jewelry (for all ages!), toys, housewares, baskets, incense, stationery, pens, pencils, crayons, Buddhas, stickers, rocks... you name it! However, the real appeal has been all of the amazing craft supplies I've found!!! Beautiful textured and printed papers (some of them, FULL SHEETS!), clear envelopes (of different sizes!), journals (I found two that are Parisian-themed!), beads galore(!), little glass darlings (in different shapes, beads included!), gorgeous handmade envelopes... (Oh boy, my head's spinning!) Best part of all - it's dirt cheap in there!

[Oh - I forgot to mention - if anyone is searching for a toilet brush with a handle full of water and pearls and fluorescent pink flowers, the little shop also carries them... Baahaa!]

Anyway, as I said earlier, I can't really talk right now...

(Imagine what a long entry looks like... Oh wait, you already do!)

More later.

No comments: