Thursday, June 19, 2008

Shameless self-promo


I have some really exciting news to share! For the past week or so, I've been working on a little project which has just gone live today! (Yay!)

I'll have a regular feature (every Monday and Thursday) on blogTO called, What's Your Story? which will feature different profiles of people that I've approached on the streets of Toronto.

With 5 million people alone in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), you're bound to see some pretty interesting characters on a daily basis. There have been many times when I've seen people that were so intriguing that I've wanted to approach them and find out what their story was but was just too shy (or afraid) to ask. I've also always been a big fan of biographies, as well as blogs (such as The Clothes Project, NY Mag's Lookbook and Stil in Berlin) or publications (like Fruits or ME Magazine) that showcase a different cross section of humanity. I love getting to peek into the lives of others. Let's face it, there's something very fun about being a voyeur!

This curiosity about human nature (and just being plain nosy) is the motivation behind the series. It's also a great opportunity to get to know people that you might otherwise just pass by and I also get to write for a really cool blog!

It's been so much fun going up to complete strangers and telling them that I'm a contributor on blogTO. Basically, I have a list of questions that I ask and then I take a few photos (from different angles). For the most part, people have been really open to letting me interview them (some even grateful, in fact!). A few times, people have said no but that's to be expected (not everyone enjoys the paparazzi!). I've met some really wonderful people, so far, and all with such different stories! (I love it!)

Please feel free to check out the premiere of What's Your Story?.

P.S. Recommendations and comments below the article are welcome but please, don't make it personal or send me a note on the website. It should just be about the entry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"What's your story" is a brilliant addition to BLOGTO especially living in a city as diverse as Toronto. I look forward to your entries, cannot wait! Cheers

-Jorge