Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!


I hope 2010 is off to a good start for you all...

Quick note from the road. We're here in the UK now and having an amazing time. We're staying in Canterbury with our friends, D+L, who have been the most wonderful hosts and tour guides. They're so accommodating and kind. I hope we get the chance to repay them, someday.

Canterbury, itself, is a charming medieval town with beautiful buildings and streets. It feels like being in a fairytale. We also visited a seaside town called Whitstable which was equally as charming with its little shops lining the streets and cute little homes sprinkled throughout.

We've also been to London twice - the first time was to celebrate New Year's Eve and the second was today to shop at Portobello Market. For NYE, we were on a bridge over the Thames when the clocks struck midnight. Downtown London was just crazy and busy.

And Portobello Market? What can I say? It was just amaaazing. It was jam-packed with people, full of energy, antique shops and stalls with all kinds of goodies to buy. I could have spent the whole day there (and we almost did). Thanks to J+H+D for being so patient with me. One of the treasures I picked up today was a vintage wooden photo album full of cabinet photos.

I have so much to tell but will leave that for later. Just wanted to touch base and let you know that I'm here now and having a really lovely time. Hope you're well. Talk soon. xo

1 comment:

kate said...

Heya FBP!
Miss ya... sounds fab over there!! I want to hear all about it when you return! Keep on having a great time and say "bonjour" to Paris for me!