Monday, September 28, 2009

Calling all mail lovers!


Niku Arbabi is accepting new participants for her monthly mail subscription service, The Lovely Letterbox! There are various options available: from two to six month subscriptions.

Niku is the mail artist & zine extraordinaire behind The Ephemeral Mailbox Museum, a wonderful little Etsy shop filled with delightful and sweet surprises. She describes the packages as follows, "Your mail treats will be loosely themed around the following: mail art, crafts, and zines. Supplies and ephemera, zines from my archive, and items that I create specifically for the Lovely Letterbox will be included".

If a subscription isn't your thing, please check out her other goodies at The Ephemeral Mailbox Museum. I've ordered Niku's zines in the past through her shop, as well as Parcell Press, and fell in love with her aesthetic! In fact, I carried her zines in my purse for months after receiving them and pulled them out to admire them whenever I had the chance but have since decided to preserve them at home with some of my other mail art treasures. (I was concerned about the wear-and-tear.) They make lovely gifts - for yourself and others - and are a great source of inspiration!

Thanks, Niku!

(Check out Niku's blog for more details about the The Lovely Letterbox and to learn more about her.)

No comments: