Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Autumn!


Today is the Autumn Solstice which marks the first day of Autumn! To celebrate, J made a really delicious, hearty stew of seasonal veggies and I made a pear and apple crumble for dessert. On the weekend, H & I might go for a walk in the park to collect acorns and leaves, then come home and make some corn bread. In the past, to celebrate other Solstices, H & I bought special little dainties and lit candles. We also put our crystals out on the window sill and put positive wishes on them.

I love Autumn! It's such a special time of year where the colors are bursting, the air is crisp, the produce is ripe and ready for harvesting and there are fun celebrations to be had. I think of apple picking, visiting pumpkin patches and Halloween. When I write about Autumn the words feel robust and full of richness. It's one of my favorite times of the year.

Happy Autumn to you! Hope you had a nice day! xo

No comments: