Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Update


My parents' and sister's flight wasn't pleasant - it was delayed by three hours (most of which was spent in the plane in Wpg.!). They're here now, safe and sound with our bellies bursting at the seams! The turkey arrived (though, it wasn't the huge Butterball kind I had envisioned but still) and pulled pork (for the carnivores in the house) along with garlic portabella veggie balls, faux chicken, three dozen Pyrizhky and all kinds of snacks and treats. Chocolate truffles that my sister made and some yummy purple rice cake rounded out the two boxes my Mom had filled. And the meatless cabbage rolls I had been longing for have also arrived (though, I don't suspect they'll last long around here!). Yes, gluttony at its finest!

Now, we're all cozy and relaxing. I've just finished opening a nice envelope from a penpal in New Zealand who has the loveliest penmanship. She enclosed some of her favorite pieces of stationery which was a nice surprise! I think I might write a couple of letters now.

Hope you're having a wonderful day wherever you are! Talk soon. xo

No comments: