Friday, December 19, 2008

Handwritten



Since discovering Diary of a Times Square Thief last week, I've been obsessing about handwritten journals, diaries, letters and books (not that I don't always obsess over handwriting but I've been actively looking at and searching for examples, as of late). Some of my favorite sources of this include Lynda Barry's, What It Is, The 1000 Journals Project, Candy Jernigan's, Evidence, Treats & Treasures and Flickr Group Pools such as Handwritten Meme and My Moleskine. Another place I like to look is on Ebay and Etsy. I especially love reading about auctions of people's vintage diaries and letters from the 1800's or the early 40's & 50's in New York.

Whenever I see beautiful handwriting, it just makes me want to spend the day writing in my journal.

No comments: