Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hello friends!

These past few weeks have been full of so many lovely events including the start of a new job, packing/purging (okay, not so lovely!), spending time with special visitors, moving into our new place and celebrating/partying for days! It's been really wonderful and now, we're having fun settling into our new home and anticipating our trip to Japan (five more weeks!).

J has been amazing with getting down to business when it comes to organizing our place. What a wonderful surprise to come home from work and see the mess cleared away and the semblance of a home in place. It's really starting to feel comfy. Thanks, J! xo

H has been extremely helpful, too, and loves the new surroundings! She's trying to set up a little school under her loft bed for her 'students' and has been busy setting up her space. It's really cute to see and to hear, as she's often reading to or teaching her class.

And me? I hope I'm contributing to our new home, somehow! :) It's always such an eye-opener when you start packing and purging your things (at least, for me it is since I'm a horrible packrat!). I managed to purge 10 large garbage bags of clothes (mostly mine and some of H's) plus a few outdated toys and books before we moved. Now, as we're getting things set up, I'm finding more items I can get rid of. Each time I move, I swear to myself I'll try to change my evil hoarding ways but still, no such luck! Thank goodness, J is a purger (though, his collection of books and records isn't what you'd call modest!).

So, that's what I've been up to these days. What about you? Hope you're well and happy! xo

PS A big thank you to those who came out and helped us move on Saturday! We were so grateful for the extra hands and especially, the muscles provided by A!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi! we are well and happy and excited to see you guys

:)

hoping H had a wonderful celebration!

~L & I