Sunday, January 2, 2011

Write more letters


I'm not one for making New Year's Resolutions but I have been thinking about personal goals and things I'd like to do in the New Year. Here is my list so far:

Write more letters - I've really been slipping with this. It's such a shame because an empty mailbox is definitely a lonely one.

Take a class - I'm not sure what this class will be in yet but I know that it'll be something creative and not necessarily work-related. Some things that crossed my mind were jewelry-making and writing.

Tone up - I've been saying this for years now but I think this is the year I'll actually do something about it! My metabolism isn't what it used to be (that's for sure!).

Take more pictures - I used to carry my camera with me everywhere in the past but somewhere along the way, I found it too cumbersome. As a result, I've missed some really interesting shots. This year I plan to take more photos and improve my photography.

Journal regularly - As I mentioned in my previous post, I started a new journal and I hope to continue writing in it regularly. Along with my camera, I'll make sure to bring it with me wherever I go.

Create more - This kind of goes hand-in-hand with my thoughts of writing more and taking a class. I just feel like I've been amassing things like craft supplies and paper but haven't been doing anything with them. It's like I keep waiting for something to happen or for the perfect time. I just need to do it and not feel the pressure of having to create something perfect. Maybe I'll start with collages or a simple art journal. This is something I could even do with H on a regular basis.

Read more poetry - There are so many beautiful poems out there that can really capture special moments and touch the soul. I need to tap into this.

Continue to expand my boundaries
- Taking the improv class last year and performing in front of a small audience was really thrilling! I find when I force myself to go out there and take risks, it really allows me to expand my boundaries and access the parts of my personality that need to be nurtured. Taking classes, going to Meetups and performing in front of people is a great way to challenge myself and I plan to do more of it!

Have fun and enjoy life (!) - I don't often have any trouble doing this but there are days that I feel down or uninspired. I need to always remember to make the most of things, appreciate my family and my life, and above all, just have fun! (Why so serious?)

No comments: