Saturday, January 8, 2011

Quick review before I take two aspirins

Tonight J+I went to a double feature: Enter the Void and Black Swan. My nerves feel shot after seeing one after the other. To be honest, I didn't really like either film or perhaps, more appropriately, didn't make a connection to either. However, I will say that they were both visually quite amazing. I also appreciate Gaspar NoƩ's ballsy approach to style and the cinematography but there were times when I found it overly ambitious and immature (but really - what the hell do I know?!). Oh yeah, and too long.

Have you ever gorged at a beautiful smorgasbord but left feeling stuffed, uncomfortable and overloaded? This is exactly how it felt after seeing these movies together. It's left me wanting dry toast.

[Does this mean I should be watching the Golden Girls right now?]

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm not sure if you are comparing the Golden Girls to Dry Toast...

but the Golden Girls rule television. Go watch!

:)

Ima Ventriloquist said...

LOL!

It's so nice of you to stop by! I love your blog and wish you were my daughter's teacher! :) You're going to be an awesome Mommy! Take care.

Lindsay said...

hehe.. aw. merci!