Saturday, January 1, 2011

I like this year

We started the New Year off by sleeping in late and having a lazy day. By late afternoon, however, the three of us were completely restless so we did two things: purge some of my shoes and walk down to Starbucks for some tea and hot chocolate.


H brought along a book, J had his Alpha Smart to type on and I started a brand new journal. It felt good to get out my pens and write on the fresh, new paper (tabula rasa).


I wrote down a list of highlights of the year that just passed and there were so many wonderful things to reflect on. Here are some of the most memorable:

- Ringing in 2010 in London with D+L
- Taking the Eurostar through the English Channel to Paris and visiting the Eiffel Tower, the Marche aux Puces and the Catacombs
- Completing my program in Career & Work Counselling and having the opportunity to work for three really different and amazing programs
- Reading H's articles published in a magazine and admiring her work

And probably the most exciting:
- Celebrating J's dream of writing and directing his first feature film (!!!)

Of course, being healthy, happy and in love have also been constant themes throughout the year that I know will continue into the next (and hopefully into infinity). I'm really excited to see what 2011 will bring and have a feeling it's going to be just as exciting and full as the last year so I say, bring it! I'm ready.

Wishing you a wonderful year filled with adventures, happiness and lots of love. Take care, friends. Talk soon. xo

No comments: