Sunday, March 14, 2010

Reunited...and it feels so good


I've been doing some experimentation lately - the kind that involves copious amounts of raw milk which has been aged and fermented into delicious rounds of goodness. Despite a recent blog post, I am happy (in fact, elated) to report that I have been reunited with one of my true loves - beautiful and glorious cheese!

[Standing ovation]

My experimentation involved "research" at St. Lawrence Market where I was tantalized and seduced by the many varieties of raw milk cheese. My favorite so far has been Comté for its complex, nutty and caramelized flavor. (Of course, there are many more to choose from and experience!) I was happy to find that there were even varieties closer to home at our local organic market such as a simple white cheddar with a savoury aftertaste. Heaven, I say...heaven.

No comments: