Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mount Koya

We went to Mount Kōya in the Wakayama prefecture yesterday. It was truly a special and memorable time and I feel so lucky that I had a chance to visit this magical place.

I took hundreds of pictures while I was there that I`ll upload soon (I don`t have my computer with me at the moment). It was the kind of place that was not only beautiful but also incredibly inspiring. From the scenic drive to the top of Mount Kōya to Kongobuji temple and from the gorgeous Okunoin cemetary to the Tokugawa Mausoleum. It was all so magnificent. I think the highlight of our excursion was staying in a Buddhist temple overnight where we were treated to delicious vegetarian meals and invited to a morning ceremony. It was all so amazing. Can`t wait to share my photos and more detailed experiences with you. For now, sleep tight and have a wonderful day tomorrow.

No comments: