Thursday, March 27, 2008

Vegan Rice Krispie squares

As I was heading out for lunch, a co-worker told me about a fundraiser that was happening in the next building - $1 for a box of cereal! (Sweet!)

Three boxes later... I began googling for vegan Rice Krispie recipes and found the following:

1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter (can omit if you want)
7 cups Rice Krispies

Combine brown sugar and corn syrup in saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves, and mix almost starts to boil. Stir frequently. Remove from heat, stir in PB and mix well. Stir in cereal, mixing until evenly coated. Press evenly and firmly into greased 13x9 pan. Let cool, then cut into squares.

(Courtesy of Tigerlily at Veganforum.com)

I'm excited to give this a try! Now, I won't have to exclude my husband and/or sister-in-law from the Rice Krispie square gluttony that may ensue. (I'll let you know how it fares on the delicious scale in a following post!)

No comments: