Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Raccoon on the loose!

On my way back to the office from a meeting, my co-worker said, "Oh, a raccoon!" as we passed by a storefront. Of course, whenever I hear the word raccoon, I'm immediately intrigued (yet fearful) so I had to see what she was talking about. I assumed that it must have been some stuffed animal or Tenuki-esque statue on display in the shop but instead, what I saw was a man in the store window with a broom handle while another held up a rubber mat - matador style (but without those nice snug pants or bright colors). AND, from the corner of my eye, I see a huge, furry, menacing critter trying to escape from them!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to catch the action with my camera but not for a lack of trying. For one, I was afraid that the raccoon might come flying out of the shop and right onto my neck (I told you my fear was irrational, didn't I?) and two, I had to go back to the office (for shame).

I wonder how the critter got in and why? There wasn't really anything edible in sight (though, some might consider the cheesy shirts tasty) but who knows? Maybe, it mistook it for this:
[If there are any raccoons reading this, please contact me. I have a lot to say to you and I'd love to get into your head]

No comments: