Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Chance meetings

Ah, the glory of the internet... Lastnight, during my "trolling" on the 'net, I came across the email address of a woman who was selling handmade papers. Intrigued, I quickly fired off a message but anticipated the worst, as it had been a few days since she had posted the selling of her wares. To my suprise, she had several of her handmade goodies left over BUT that isn't even the good part... It turns out that she is retiring from the cardmaking business (which she'd been a part of for 10 years!) to focus on graphic design and illustrating. Oh yes (and here's the fantastic part!), she just so happens to be getting rid of a lot of her supplies!

Long story short, I gave her my work phone number and she called me, asking if "Ima" was there which was funny and cute (it's part of one of my email aliases). We had a nice chat and she filled me in on why she was selling her papers and supplies, and what she was actively pursuing now. She was thrilled that someone was interested in taking over the goodies (at a cost, no less) but thrilled, all the same (even more so, I suppose!). We made plans for me to visit her home studio after work where I can look at her precious supplies and workspace!

It's quite exciting... What was even more exciting was the fact that I realized she is quite an accomplished artist (judging by her blog). She makes beautiful watercolor paintings. I felt inspired and giddy at the thought of meeting a real live artist.

My only regret is that I left my camera at home today. (Boo) I guess, it might have seemed strange for me to ask if I could take pictures since we've never met.

I'll let y'all know how the meeting goes. And for those of you who might be having similar reactions as some of my fellow co-workers had when I told them, I left her address and phone number with my partner.

[If you don't hear from me again, please send out the troops. I only hope that you don't discover my body covered with papercuts] ;)

No comments: