Monday, February 5, 2007

You're the One That I Want (Biotch)




Oh boy, it's been five whole days since I last posted and so much has happened...

1) I'm a year older
Sad but true...  Okay, not really sad since I look much younger than my age (or so the carnie at Wonderland guessed).  Seriously, there are days that I honestly think I'm in my twenties..  You know, the good ol' days when it was totally permissible to be "finding" yourself and dabbling in every whimsy that crossed your mind.  (Oh yeah, and when your jeans were a little tighter because it was cool and not because gravity suddenly came to a halt).

2) The temperatures in Toronto now resemble winter on Mars
I know it may sound totally ironic coming from an ex-Winnipeger and all but I never said that I ever got used to those wicked temperatures up in Hollywood North.  (Okay, so I'm a wimp).  It is cold, though, folks...  I think it even got down to -26 the other night!!!  Brrrr!  (And yet, somehow, after talking to my folks tonight and hearing that it was -48 with the windchill the other day in the 'Peg, I still don't feel a tad bit guilty for saying this!).

3) I'm no longer on the Hauschka train
I stepped off... and pretty quickly as soon as I saw the deteriorating state of my skin.  Okay, so it may be a bit of an exaggeration but my skin did seem to change since I started using the products.  All the natural ingredients and positive accolades (from super-models and those "in the know") in the world could not replenish the moisture in this aging visage.  The whole cleansing routine seemed to leave my skin feeling zapped of moisture with a very flat and matte appearance.  It was not a pretty sight, as you can imagine...  However, despite all of this, I do still encourage everyone to give Dr. Hauschka's products a try.  The company's philosophy is admirable and who knows...  it may be the fountain of yewt you're looking for!

4) "Grease" is the word, Sistas!
Wow...  I didn't think it was possible to become addicted to such a cheezy show!  First of all, I'm not a huge fan of musicals (unless R. Kelly's Trapped in the Closet qualifies as one!).  I always thought there was way too much singing and hokey theatrics but now, after seeing the rigorous auditions the actors go through, I have gained a new found respect for them.  These performers are absolutely amazing and oh so, talented.  They have to know how to sing and dance, in addition to acting...  (I'm so jealous).

Please check out the preview:

No comments: