Monday, February 12, 2007

Many moons ago...




How can one not be curious about yoga with this kind of beautiful imagery?  (Okay, okay...  So, it actually turned me off a bit but anyway...)

Lastnight, I decided that it was time to turn over a new leaf and git movin' - once and for all.  I hate to admit this but it has been years since I actually committed to any kind of fitness routine.  It's hard to believe that there was a time that I biked on the streets of Vancouver to make my way to salsa classes at Fitness World or when I would wake up at 5 am to be the first one at the gym in Winnipeg (oh, I do miss you...  my buns of steel.  Okay, so they were more like buns of crinkly aluminum foil) but(t) I'm ready.

So, to prepare myself for my impending physical activities, I took two small steps today:

1. I walked over to a yoga studio close to my work that had a class for beginners.  The owner seemed very nice but they were in the midst of filming something when I arrived so I'll have to visit them again (soon).

and

2. I headed to the definitive source for fitness gear...  that's right, folks, Winners.  (No, I did say Winners).

Don't laugh, my friends, I went home with some very practical goodies such as a lime green yoga mat (for $15, no less), two Stott Pilates DVDs and a 5lb. hand weight.  All for under $45, if you can believe. I'm excited and hopeful... and can't wait to get started!


 

No comments: