Saturday, October 20, 2007

This is dedicated to my Aussie crew

During one late night of Facebook-ing (is this a word yet?), I noticed that a dear old friend was online and began bantering with her. Jodie and I were classmates in Winnipeg during elementary school. Her family was from Australia and always had a jar of Vegemite kicking around in the fridge. She was fun and smart and always had interesting things to share with us. My favorite (and most memorable) item shared was us was the book called, "Where Did I Come From?". I can still see all those smiling little guys swimming for their lives. (I don't think I truly understood what was going on in the book at the time but do remember hearing things like, "Ewww" and "Awww, look at those cute little guys with black top hats" during the book unveiling).

Moving on... Jodie and I discovered that we were both on Skype and were soon talking and chatting "face-to-face". It was sooo great to hear her voice again and see my dear old (beautiful!) friend! I also met a couple of her employees who are apparently fans of this blog! (Imagine that?!)

Jodie started the company, Iceberg Events, in 1996 and has been going on strong since! They provide valued clients with successful, well – managed conferences and events by making the planning process fun and enjoyable, providing comprehensive advice and instruction, giving service beyond a client's expectations, and delivering an event which is truly memorable and within budget.

Please check out their website at http://icebergevents.com.au/ for more information.


(Aren't they gorgeous?!)

"Hi Lisa!!! Hi Amanda!!! It was nice to meet you both!! I miss you, Jodie!" xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention in your amazing Blog!! I love wading through the interesting and creative ponderings!

Our Iceberg Events' Blog can be found at: http://www.icebergevents.blogspot.com/ and our website is: http://www.icebergevents.com.au.

We'd love to help any Canadians have a conference to Down Under (that is Australia)! Jodie's office is based in Brisbane, Queensland, but we take groups all over Australia! The sunny favourites are the Gold Coast and the Whitsundays (Great Barrier Reef)! Please don't hesitate to call us on +61 7 3876 4988. Cheers, Lisa x (one of Jodie's event coordinators).